Receiving career-related experience plays an integral part in your career developmental process. Southern Therapy Services, Inc. provides hands-on training for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and athletic training majors. Students will observe with a licensed therapist and professional development in their field. We offer volunteer/observation experiences for students pursuing a physical therapy, occupational therapy, or athletic training career. We also provide medical billing and coding student internships.
Southern Therapy is affiliated with the following colleges and universities for clinical rotation opportunities:
- Augusta University
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Georgia State University
- North Georgia College and State University
- University of South Alabama
- Athens Technical College
- Chattahoochee Technical College
- South University
UWG Health and Community Wellness/Biology Students
UWG Student Opportunities
The University of West Georgia (UWG) and Southern Therapy Services, Inc. (STS) desire to build relationships that enhance the knowledge, experience, and opportunities of students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Health and Community Wellness, Biology, or alternate degree pathway programs that ultimately lead to a career in physical therapy, occupational therapy, or athletic training. STS has the services and resources to provide quality learning/observation experiences in several areas.
Employment Opportunities for UWG Students:
- STS has limited paid clinical aide positions in various settings and strives to provide part-time roles for students interested in allied health sciences. Candidates should apply with Anita Gay, Human Resources Manager.
- General observation hours (10). Available for first-year students to complete their initial requirements.
- Students to gain internship experience for a semester. (2) possible positions.
- Athletic training tract students may be assigned to an AT for a semester. This would include onsite and clinic time.
- Rehab students pursuing admission to a PT or OT post-graduate program must complete approximately 90 hours of observation or work experience. These students will be paired with licensed professionals for a semester and be exposed to multiple observational experiences.
Availability will vary per semester. Please complete the UWG Internship Application form and submit it to Anita Gay, Human Resources Manager.
We have outpatient clinics in Carrollton, Bremen, and Villa Rica. Click on the following links to receive information about each of our facilities.
Established in 1978, our Carrollton clinic is the largest of our practice locations. With 45+ years of service, this location offers Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Certified Hand Therapy, Aquatic Therapy, Balance Therapy, Pediatrics, Neurological Rehabilitation, Fall Prevention Programs, Sports Medicine, Lymphedema Therapy, Dry Needling, Custom-Fit Orthotics, Functional Capacity Evaluations, a Fitness Gym, & more!
Carrollton is 50 miles west of Atlanta, 80 miles east of Birmingham, and 14 miles south of Interstate 20. For additional information about our area, visit www.carroll-ga.org.
Southern Therapy Services, Inc. has operated a Bremen facility for 10+ years and moved to its freestanding clinic at 300 Alabama Avenue.
Our Bremen facility currently employs a Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Rehab Aide, and Client Care Specialist! We offer a range of services, including Physical Therapy, Sports Medicine, Adult Neurological Rehabilitation, Vestibular Rehabilitation, LSVT BIG for Parkinson's, Balance Therapy, Dry Needling, & more!
For more information regarding an internship at our Bremen facility, please contact Sherri Evans at 770-832-2484, ext. 101 or email@example.com.
Our trained staff includes a Physical Therapist, Certified Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapist Assistant, Rehab Aide, and Client Care Specialist.
Our clinic provides comprehensive Physical Therapy, Sports Medicine, Adult Neurological Rehabilitation, Balance Therapy, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Functional Capacity Evaluations, Industrial Rehabilitation, & more!
For more information on and internship at Villa Rica, please contact Sherri Evans at 770-832-2484, ext. 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For slot availability or more information regarding this program, please contact Anita Gay at: email@example.com