Balance and walking problems can result from orthopedic conditions, neurological disorders, or a number of injuries that involve the joints, muscles, and nerves.
Our therapists realize how important balance and walking is for independent living, as well as for work activities, exercise, sports and enjoying life in general. That's why we provide a range of programs and therapies to evaluate and treat balance disorders:
- Assessment and Evaluation Programs:
- Difficulty Walking
- Gait Training and Balance Programs
- Fall Prevention and Balance Retraining
- Manual and Massage Therapy
- Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Vestibular Rehab
- Functional Training
FACTS ABOUT BALANCE:
- 1/3 of the population over 65 falls each year
- In patients over 75, imbalance is the #1 reason for a doctor visit
- 1 out of 5 hip fractures dies within one year after injury
- Falls account for 25% of all hospital admissions
- Falls are the #1 cause of fractures
- Falls account for 40% of all nursing home admissions
- Falls are the leading cause of death due to injury among elderly
- Approximately 15 out of every 1000 individuals consult their family physician each year with complaints of vertigo, dizziness, or imbalance; half the individuals over the age of 65 will develop positional vertigo.
- Of all falls suffered by the elderly, 50% are reported to be the result of vestibular problems.